As a Lead Software Test Design Engineer (STDE) at Knoa Software, youíll own it, break it, fix it, and own it again. Youíll ensure a productís quality by making sure it performs to users expectations.
Ultimately, as an STDE itís your input that can make the difference between joy and frustration for the customers. Since youíre keen on how things work, and making them work better, youíll work hand in hand with the Program Managers and Software Engineers to design, develop, and maintain automation systems for use in development and testing cycles. Using the tools you create, youíll pour over source code for trouble spots, debugging and isolating problems, and executing creative tests to find new bugs while regression testing recent fixes.
- Responsible for implementing software testing and setting processes and procedures exercised in software development; establishing standards for technical documentation and developing and implementing quality management as it relates to project roadmaps. Review and guide the definition of comprehensive QA procedures throughout testing and development to include configuration management, testing methodologies, documentation and release management protocols
- Stay current on methods and techniques for testing technology
- Project responsibilities also include building a suite of automation code using a variety of languages from C++, java, perl, as well as innovative proprietary languages, and web frameworks. Objectives will be to automate product functionality testing, exercise API's and component combinations, state machines, and debug source code.
- Development activities also involve interacting with major enterprise applications including SAP and Siebel.
- Projects also require creativity in designing and architecting an automated distributed automation framework that includes parallel and grid resource environments, automated deployment and process execution, and the collection of forensic evidence for analysis.
- BS or MS in computer science
- 4 + years of testing or software development experience
- Experience in testing operating system, distributed environment, transaction system or large scale enterprise products
- Work experience with either Java, C++, or applications experience and a solid knowledge of algorithms and design practices.
- Proven record of delivering high quality products
- Experience in planning, design, and performing functional, performance, and system level testing.
- Have led complex projects from test planning to production launch
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to short deadlines
- Proficiency in Quality Assurance and Configuration Management
- Experience with any of the following: Win32 SDK, COM, Linux, Oracle, MS SQL Server, low level operating system coding, web applications, Siebel or SAP , .NET is a plus
This is a full-time position that provides intellectual and career growth with benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and more. You will be working with some of the most experienced engineers in a fast growing and exciting environment.